**PRE-ORDER** ARCHIVE - Londinium - Vinyl LP - MUSIC ON VINYL 2021 Reissue
- This is a pre-order with a release date of 26th February 2021
- Your order is anticipated to be with you on or just after this release date.
- In the event of distributors restricting allocations of items, which can happen with limited editions, we will allocate items to reflect the order in which orders are placed with us. In the event of any unfulfilled orders, a full and immediate refund will be given.
In 1994 the South London collective Archive was formed by Darius Keeler and Danny Griffiths together with female singer Roya Arab and young rapper Rosko John. Unfortunately, a few months later, they broke up, however Darius and Danny regrouped and continued releasing more Archive albums. Their 1996 debut album Londinium features a very strong mix of trip-hop, electronica, string arrangements, and female vocals from Roya Arab. Rosko John’s tough-spoken words are very similar to Tricky, Future Sound Of London and Massive Attack. The original 1996 issue only came out as a limited edition advance release, and has steadily built in reputation as a rare and expensive record to get a hold of. Fun fact: the song “Londinium” was featured on the Playstation 1 demo-disc and the music video was directed by Matt Cook.
This 25th Anniversary Edition of Londinium by Archive features the singles “So Few Words”, “Londinium” and more. It is packed in a gatefold sleeve, and includes a 4-page booklet with song lyrics and credits.
• 180 GRAM AUDIOPHILE VINYL
• GATEFOLD SLEEVE
• 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
• INCLUDES 4PAGE BOOKLET WITH SONG LYRICS AND
• RARE AND IN-DEMAND TRIP-HOP LP, ORIGINALLY ONLY AVAILABLE AS “LIMITED EDITION ADVANCE RELEASE
• DEBUT ALBUM BY DARIUS KEELER AND DANNY GRIFFITHS TOGETHER WITH FEMALE SINGER ROYA ARAB AND RAPPER ROSKO JOHN FEATURING THE SINGLES ”SO FEW WORDS”, “LONDINIUM” A.O.