**PRE-ORDER** BUENA VISTA SOCIAL CLUB - 25th Anniversary Edition - Gatefold Double Vinyl LP
- This is a pre-order with a release date of 17th September 2021
- Your order is anticipated to be with you on or just after this release date.
- A-1 Chan Chan (2021 Remaster)
- A-2 De Camino a La Vereda (2021 Remaster)
- A-3 El Cuarto de Tula (2021 Remaster)
- A-4 Pueblo Nuevo (2021 Remaster)
- B-1 Dos Gardenias (2021 Remaster)
- B-2 Y Tú Qué Has Hecho? (2021 Remaster)
- B-3 Veinte Años (2021 Remaster)
- B-4 El Carretero (2021 Remaster)
- B-5 Candela (2021 Remaster)
- C-1 Amor de Loca Juventud (2021 Remaster)
- C-2 Orgullecida (2021 Remaster)
- C-3 Murmullo (2021 Remaster)
- C-4 Buena Vista Social Club (2021 Remaster)
- C-5 La Bayamesa (2021 Remaster)
- D-1 Vicenta *
- D-2 La Pluma *
- D-3 A Tus Pies *
- D-4 La Cleptómana *
- D-5 Orgullecida (alternate trio take) *
‘Buena Vista Social Club’ is both the name given to this extraordinary group of musicians and the album, recorded in just seven days in 1996 in Havana’s 1950s vintage EGREM studios. It was clear from the atmosphere of the recording sessions that something very special was taking place. However, no one could have predicted that Buena Vista Social Club would become a worldwide phenomenon – awarded a Grammy in 1997 and, at 8 million copies, outselling any other record in the same genre.
The acclaim of the original album has elevated the artists (including Ibrahim Ferrer, Rubén González & Omara Portuondo) to superstar status, inspired an award-winning film by Wim Wenders, and has contributed to popularising Cuba’s rich musical heritage. Produced by Ry Cooder for World Circuit, the timeless quality of the music and the sheer verve of the veteran performers have ensured that this will go down as one of the landmark recordings of the 20th century.
To celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the album’s recording, producer Ry Cooder and World Circuit’s Nick Gold have gone back to the original tapes and into the archive to produce these Deluxe Remaster packages, featuring previously unheard tracks from the original 1996 recording sessions, previously unseen photos, and new liner notes.