**PRE-ORDER** RUBY - Salt Peter - Vinyl LP - Music On Vinyl 2021 Reissue - Ltd to 500 on 'Paraffin' Coloured Vinyl
- This is a pre-order with a release date of 19th March 2021
- Your order is anticipated to be with you on or just after this release date.
- In the event of distributors restricting allocations of items, which can happen with limited editions, we will allocate items to reflect the order in which orders are placed with us. In the event of any unfulfilled orders, a full and immediate refund will be given
Lesley Rankine (Silverfish) and Mark Walk (Skinny Puppy) formed Ruby in 1995.
Ruby’s first album, Salt Peter, was released in 1995. The album would produce three singles, all of which would chart in the UK. It was made almost entirely using computers and without a band. Salt Peter’s first single was “Paraffin”, released in November 1995. The compilation New Voices vol. 3 from Rolling Stone featured this song as its second track. It was followed up with what is perhaps Ruby’s best known song, “Tiny Meat”, which was also released in 1995. It would be the only song by the band to chart in the United States, reaching at #22 on the Modern Rock Tracks list. This song was also included in the compilation MTV Fresh 2. Another single, “Hoops” came out in early 1996. Later in that year the promotion-only single for the track “Swallow Baby” was put out for radio play. Additionally, the song “This Is” was used on the soundtrack to the popular 1996 film The Cable Guy.
Salt Peter is a dark, eerie fusion of trip-hop and industrial, with quietly menacing beats and droning synths. Provocative, as well as well- written. Salt Peter remains a promising debut. It is released as a limited edition of 500 individually numbered copies on snowy white “Paraffin” coloured vinyl.
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Deluxe heavyweight jacket with soft touch laminate finish
- Insert with lyrics
- Ground-breaking 1995 debut-album, including “Tiny Meat”, “Paraffin”, “Hoops” & “Swallow Baby”
- Trip Hop meets Industrial
- Limited edition of 500 individually numbered copies on “Paraffin” coloured vinyl
1. FLIPPIN’ THA BIRD
2. SALT WATER FISH
4. TINY MEAT
2. SWALLOW BABY
3. THE WHOLE IS EQUAL TO THE SUM OF ITS PARTS